At Green Bean Auto we’re approved by the ACCC as a ‘Warranty Safe Authorised Repairer’. This means you can sleep easy knowing a fully qualified mechanic will carry out your cars servicing and parts replacement how the manufacturer intended – all at a fraction of the dealership cost too.
Please check our ‘table of contents’ below to see what work will be carried out on your car.
For more information on the ACCC’s choice of repairer guidelines click here
Logbook Servicing Chart
- Check or replace all scheduled service items
- Change engine oil, oil filter and sump plug seal
- Check brake condition and report (all wheels removed)
- Check steering system/s and suspension under vehicle
- Check all drive belts, hoses and fluid levels
- Check transmission, diff & drivetrain operation
- Check diff/transmission, brake and power steering fluid levels
- Check radiator & cooling system
- Check tyre condition and pressures (including spare)
- Check all lights, wipers, washers and horn operation
- Check battery condition and charge rate
- Clear service interval light (where applicable)
- Road test and report
- Logbook stamped
How does Green Bean Auto keep your new car warranty safe when carrying out logbook servicing on your vehicle?
- We use only quality spare parts from reputable suppliers that meet or exceed the manufacturers specifications.
- We use only fluids and lubricants from reputable suppliers that meet or exceed the manufacturers specifications.
- We service your vehicle in exact accordance with the manufacturers instructions.
- Our staff are professionally trained, supervised and fully qualified technicians.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) have recently provided updated information regarding consumer rights and servicing cars under warranty. This information is consistent with previous guidance that the Australian Consumer Laws (ACL) gives car owners a guaranteed level of protection for vehicles they buy and that this guarantee applies regardless of any other warranty offered by a vehicle manufacturer.
Furthermore, there is NO REQUIREMENT under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) for a vehicle to be serviced by an authorised dealer in order for the consumer guarantees to apply.