1. Your privacy is important
Green Bean Auto respects the privacy of individuals and is committed to protecting all personal information you give to us. This policy explains how we collect, protect, use and disclose personal information about our customers, suppliers (and their employees) and people who apply for employment with us and how we comply with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). It also explains how to contact us if you have any questions about the management of your personal information or would like to access the personal information we hold about you.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of sites that are linked to this website via hyperlinks, banner advertising or otherwise. When we amend this policy, we will post the updated version on our website.
2. What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information or opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, that can identify or reasonably identify an individual.
3. What information do we collect?
Generally, the information we collect about customers includes your name, home or work address, delivery address, phone number, payment, credit and billing information, and email addresses. We collect demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your postcode, age, gender and shopping preferences, interests and favourites. We may also collect specific information about your vehicle (including VIN (engine) number and registration number).
When you visit our websites, we may collect information about your computer, IP address, and use of our website using cookies. You can choose to decline cookies but, if you do so, you may not be able to fully experience our online interactive features. We may use Google Inc’s Google Analytics tool to analyse how our website is used. You can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by using the browser plug-in from http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. You can also opt-out of, or customise settings for Google Advertising at https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
We also collect information about:
- Contractors, service providers, suppliers and their employees, including business name and address, contact details, bank account details, and employee names, birthdates, addresses and working conditions (when provided by the supplier); and
- potential employees (including names, addresses, contact details, employment and academic histories and the names of their referees).
We understand that anonymity is an important element of privacy. In some situations, you may choose not to identify yourself or identify yourself using a pseudonym. However, if you do not provide accurate personal information to us it may mean that we are unable to provide you with products, payments or services that depend on the provision of that information.
4. How we collect and hold information
Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly when you purchase products or services from us, or enter into arrangements with us, provide feedback/complaints to us or register your details with us or one of our business partners. Depending on the product or service we provide to you, we may collect your personal information from third parties. Information about suppliers’ employees is usually collected from the supplier. Information about potential employees is usually collected during the recruitment process.
By providing your personal information to us, you confirm that you have reviewed this policy and consent to the collection and use of your personal information as specified.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your personal information is stored on password protected servers located in access controlled secure locations.
5. Why we collect and how we use information
We collect and use your information to:
- Purchase, sell, deliver, improve and personalise our products and services.
- Deal with your feedback or complaints and provide refunds and discounts.
- Better understand our customers’ requirements and preferences, conduct product and market research, personalise and improve our service and to provide offers that are of greater interest or benefit to you.
- Communicate with you and to operate the customer service centre.
- Undertake and administer promotions, competitions, marketing activities, direct marketing, database compilation, analysis of trends and demographics and other marketing or promotional activities.
- Manage our stores, supply arrangements and inventory and administer our websites.
- Protect against fraud and theft.
- Complete other transactions with you or on your behalf with your consent.
- Recruit and assess future team members.
- Maintain and update our records.
From time to time, we may also use your personal information to send you targeted news, offers and promotions of our products and services. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you can opt-out by contacting us at the address listed below.
6. How we disclose your information
We will only disclose information about you to third parties if required by law or legal process, to our advisers or to companies who are responsible for parts of our service delivery, delivery companies, suppliers and manufacturers.
7. Accessing and correcting your information and questions
You can request access to your information or that your information be corrected by contacting us at the address below.
If you have a question about this policy or wish to make a complaint about the way we have collected, used, held or disclosed your personal information, please contact us at the address below. We may need to contact you for further details.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please make your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter. If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you are entitled under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Phone; 1300 95 95 52
Last updated: 17 February 2020